Can $16 Million in Public Health Funds Reverse County’s Obesity Problems?
LA County is the most populous county in the nation. Almost 10 million residents claim LA County as home. Keeping tabs on the health of the community and providing health services to such a large and robust population is a big task. And while the public perception is that LA is one of the healthiest cities in the nation, its’ not all sushi and California burgers served up in the city. The real numbers may surprise you. LA County’s obesity rates are rising.
According to the Center for Disease Controlslightly more than 1 in 4 adults in LA County are obese (26.2%). One in five students in LA
Learn more: http://la.streetblog.org
- Better Transportation Options=Healthier Lives (Infographic)
- Infographic: The Many Connections Between Transportation and Health
- New Report Finds Adult Obesity Rates Could Exceed 60 Percent in 13 States by 2030
- Obesity: The New Normal
- America's Health Threat: Poor Urban Design
- Local Ownership Makes Communities Healthier
- The Impending Obesity Epidemic
- New IOM Report Identifies Key Strategies to Prevent Obesity
- How your post-code is as important as your genetic-code for childhood obesity
- In China, Great Urbanization Brings Great Health Risks