Most Beautiful National Parks Seen From Space (picture and video)
By Wired Science
The marshy, subtropical Everglades park has 36 threatened or protected species living in it, including the Florida panther, West Indian manatee and American crocodile. The park was created to protect the fragile wetlands that were vanishing as the area was drained for agricultural and residential purposes.
Learn more: http://www.wired.com
- 'Smart growth' strategies curb car use, greenhouse gas emissions: study
- Tracking A City’s Emissions, Building by Building (Computer Simulation)
- Urban Trees: Let’s Grow Old Together
- Primeval Forest (video)
- Environment in a Day! Your Earth Day moment to shine!
- Earth Day 2012: Look Beneath the Surface (video)
- You Can’t Fool Mother Nature but You Can Understand Her
- Maryland DNR Forest Service Announces Online Public Meeting (download)
- The secret life of plankton (video)
- Travel to the Amazon with “Street View”March 23, 2012 (video)