Confirmed: He Who Sits the Most Dies the Soonest
By The Atlantic Cities
A study of more than 200,000 Australians adds to the growing body of evidence that people who sit the most die the soonest. It also found that you can't exercise this effect away, though exercise does help reduce it greatly.
The study's simple message is that spending more time standing and less time sitting prolongs life.
Learn more: http://www.theatlantic.com
- New Art Initiative Explores Sustainability Through Creativity
- Moving, But to Opportunity? Examining Neighborhood Relocation
- As Companies Seek Tax Deals, Governments Pay High Price
- China Copycat Cities
- The Geography of Gun Violence in Cities and Metros
- Preserving Asia's last bastion of colonial era
- 8 Cities with Surprising Job Growth
- Town to Receive ‘Smart-Growth’ Award from Vision Long Island
- Seaside celebrates 31 years of New Urbanism