Food Safety & Farmland Preservation Planning Reports
An Interactive Journey Through New York's Roofscape Makeover (3 video)
By The Atlantic Cities
Most visitors to New York City crane their necks for a view of the city's famous skyline, but locals know better: to get the best views, you have to go up. Here's your chance to take a rare - and vivid - journey atop a few of the city's billion square feet of rooftops.
As the Big Apple faces ever-hotter summers, officials are looking for ways to cool off in some of the only unused space left in a crowded city: rooftops.
Learn more: http://www.theatlanticcities.com
- A Michigan City Bets on Food for Its Growth
- Eating Our Cities: Dissecting the Urban Food Dilemma
- Harvesting The Urban Fruit Forest (video)
- The Impact of Urban Farming in New York City (video)
- The Food Trust’s Palmer Park Farmers’ Market Moves Into NKCDC Garden Center
- FoodToEat Brings Low-Tech Food Trucks Into The Internet Age (video)
- UBC Graduate Student Marc Schutzbank on Urban Farming Census | Faculty of Land and Food Systems (video)
- Urban farms, gardens, reforestation all part of Detroit Works vision for remaking city
- The Food Truck Handbook
- King County unveils West Seattle rain garden plans