Don’t Get Mixed Up on Mixed-Use
By PlaceSheker and NewSmeker
Citizens, politicians, and planning officials have embraced the need to allow for walkable neighborhoods across North America and mixed-use is an essential component for achieving walkability. However, the term mixed-use has held different meanings in different places over the past 40 years or so.
Learn more: http://placeshakers.wordpress.com
- ULX: More than a Mix-Up
- Cities Without Borders
- Sprawl: What Happen when You Legislate Against Vibrant Streets
- Leland Flexcode Work
- Regulatory Break for Mixed-Use Projects
- Keeping downtown Portland vibrant requires
- When it Comes to Streetcars, Zoning Matters: A Look at St. Louis and Portland
- Don’t Forget the Zoning
- Measuring the Human Urban Footprint
- Let L.A. Be L.A.