Healthy Communities Planning Reports
Local Ownership Makes Communities Healthier
By Institute for Local Self-Reliance
When policymakers debate anything having to do with economic development — approving a new big-box store, say, or handing out tax breaks to large companies — most don’t imagine that the decision will have any effect on such things as voter turnout or the prevalence of chronic disease.
But a growing body of research is finding that scale and ownership of business matter in ways that extend far beyond economic outcomes.
Learn more: http://www.ilsr.org
- Better Transportation Options=Healthier Lives (Infographic)
- Infographic: The Many Connections Between Transportation and Health
- New Report Finds Adult Obesity Rates Could Exceed 60 Percent in 13 States by 2030
- Obesity: The New Normal
- America's Health Threat: Poor Urban Design
- The Impending Obesity Epidemic
- New IOM Report Identifies Key Strategies to Prevent Obesity
- How your post-code is as important as your genetic-code for childhood obesity
- In China, Great Urbanization Brings Great Health Risks
- Can $16 Million in Public Health Funds Reverse County’s Obesity Problems?