Transportation and Mass Transit Planning Reports
From relic to revolutionary: streetcars revitalize city transit
By Smart Planet
The revitalization of Portland, Ore.’s Pearl District, where empty warehouses were replaced with art galleries and abandoned rail yards gave way to multi-family housing, truly began for some when a streetcar line opened there in 2001. As the streetcar shuttled passengers around the once-decrepit neighborhood, it also swept billions of dollars of investments into the revived community.
Learn more: http://www.smartplanet.com
- Shareway" presents a vision of transport infrastructure in 2030 (Video)
- 5 Reasons Germans Ride 5 Times More Mass Transit Than Americans
- H Street / Benning Road Line Segment
- The Nonmotorized Transportation Pilot Program - an update (video)
- Smart growth stories: Michael Lander on changing markets and transit-oriented development
- CITY SPOTLIGHT: Cincinnati Chooses the Streetcar...but Why?
- Los Angeles TOD: Typology (PDF.File)
- Feature> On The Right Track
- Great infographic on benefits of public transportation
- Streetcar Renassance