'Smart growth' strategies curb car use, greenhouse gas emissions: study
By Smart Growth Online/PHYS
A new study finds that smart growth approaches to urban planning could substantially reduce the number of miles that residents drive in a year. The research was published this week in The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis and Policy.
Learn more: http://phys/org
- Tracking A City’s Emissions, Building by Building (Computer Simulation)
- Urban Trees: Let’s Grow Old Together
- Primeval Forest (video)
- Environment in a Day! Your Earth Day moment to shine!
- Earth Day 2012: Look Beneath the Surface (video)
- You Can’t Fool Mother Nature but You Can Understand Her
- Maryland DNR Forest Service Announces Online Public Meeting (download)
- The secret life of plankton (video)
- Most Beautiful National Parks Seen From Space (picture and video)
- Travel to the Amazon with “Street View”March 23, 2012 (video)