Infographic: The Many Connections Between Transportation and Health
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation launched their “New Public Health” website last year with the goal of meeting community members where they are to talk about public health. A lot of those conversations happen online, and they explore the connections between public health and policy decisions related to everything from education to transportation. Last week, they published an interview with U.S. DOT Secretary Ray LaHood.
Learn more: http://dc.streetsblog.org
- Better Transportation Options=Healthier Lives (Infographic)
- New Report Finds Adult Obesity Rates Could Exceed 60 Percent in 13 States by 2030
- Obesity: The New Normal
- America's Health Threat: Poor Urban Design
- Local Ownership Makes Communities Healthier
- The Impending Obesity Epidemic
- New IOM Report Identifies Key Strategies to Prevent Obesity
- How your post-code is as important as your genetic-code for childhood obesity
- In China, Great Urbanization Brings Great Health Risks
- Can $16 Million in Public Health Funds Reverse County’s Obesity Problems?