Green Infrastructure Planning Reports
Greening Sydney: The New Urban Forest Strategy
By Australian Engineering
The City of Sydney is to release a draft Urban Forest Strategy for public consultation aimed at greening the city, reducing power bills and beautifying inner-city properties.
Under the plan, the city will grow its urban forest and green canopy by up to 50 per cent by 2030 and maximise the environmental, economic and social benefits of trees and plants to the community.
There are currently around 81,000 trees in the City of Sydney area which provide a canopy cover of just over 15 per cent. Under the Urban Forest Strategy, this would increase to more than 23 per cent by 2030.
Learn more: http://designbuildsource.com.au
- New York's High Line: Why cities want parks in the sky (video)
- 10 Amazing 'Living' Green Roofs
- ASLA Annual Meeting and EXPO 2011 Highlights Video
- Trees Fight Crime
- The New Energy Architecture (video)
- A Million Trees? Only If We Can Keep Them Around
- Frack or Bust
- Ready or Not: How Water-Ready is Your State?
- Drylands: Water and the West
- Community Garden